Are you looking for some low carb rice recipes to add to your diet? Perhaps you want the taste and versatility of rice without the high carb count. Carbohydrates are certainly conducive to building up enough energy for a workout or even going about daily life, but there are some great options for lower carb alternatives to achieve that perfect balance in your diet. We’ve rounded up a few easy-to-make cauliflower rice meals to make doing so delicious!
Delicious Low Carb Rice Recipes to Enjoy
Cauliflower Rice with Garlic and Peas
If you’re looking for a low carb recipe you can easily make, then this one’s for you. This meal usually goes with brown rice, but peas and garlic are just as tasty with cauliflower rice instead. Besides, you can’t go wrong with garlic, ghee, a pinch of garlic powder, and some tasty vegetables.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 cloves of chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- salt and pepper
- vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons of ghee
- Cut the head of cauliflower into pieces small enough to throw them in a food processor. Pulse until the cauliflower is the size of rice.
- Set a large saucepan over medium heat and pour a little bit of vegetable oil before it gets hot.
- Drop a tablespoon of ghee on the saucepan. Follow the garlic as the ghee starts to melt.
- Allow the garlic to warm up as the oil heats up. Wait until the garlic turns golden brown.
- Add the cauliflower rice, give it a good toss and mix well with the garlic.
- Sprinkle the salt and pepper – 2 pinches for each or add according to your taste.
- Sprinkle the onion and garlic powder.
- Add the peas and toss it for about a minute. Add another tablespoon of ghee and give it a good mix.
- Serve while it’s warm.
Low Carb Chicken Fried Rice
— Robert Spiced (@DhumidifierGuru) May 29, 2018
Try to cook your regular fried rice without the usual high carbohydrates. How do you do it? Substitute white rice with cauliflower rice and get the same tasty treat. Go leaner and healthier with this low carb rice diet cooked with delicious protein-rich chicken.
- 12 ounces of chicken breast in bite size pieces
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon of granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of white pepper
- 1/4 cup of white wine
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 4 eggs beaten
- chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup of peas
- 1/2 cup of diced carrots
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of sesame oil
- Place the chicken, soy sauce, white wine, granulated garlic, and white pepper in a bowl. Give it a good mix and set aside to let it marinate for 15 minutes.
- Cut up the cauliflower head and place all of it in a food processor and start to pulse. Continue pulsing until the cauliflower looks like rice. Set the rice aside for later use.
- Have a skillet under medium heat then add a little bit of oil. Pour in the beaten eggs and let them sit for about 30 seconds before scrambling.
- Mix the eggs and chop them up until cooked and in little pieces. Remove the eggs from the skillet and set aside.
- Increase the heat to high, add more oil, and add the marinated chicken. Spread them out into a nice even layer.
- Let the chicken sit there and cook for 30 seconds before you begin to stir-fry.
- Stir fry the chicken for about 2 minutes. Don’t worry if the chicken is not fully cooked at this point.
- Add the chopped yellow onion, peas, and carrots. Stir-fry everything for a minute.
- Add the cauliflower rice and give it all a good mix.
- Pour in the sesame oil and some soy sauce. Stir-fry for about 2 minutes.
- Add the egg back in and give it one more good mix.
- Serve and enjoy your low carb chicken fried rice.
- You can let it cool and store in the best meal prep containers if you’re saving it for lunch or dinner.
Did you know? Cauliflower rice has very low carb content compared to brown rice. That’s 5 grams per cup compared to 46 grams per cup of brown rice.
Try more of these low carb recipe ideas from Isolator Fitness Inc.
These low carb rice recipes still allow you to enjoy your food while adhering to a weight loss plan. Making a delicious low carb recipe only requires your creativity in mixing the right ingredients and flavors.
What do you think of these delicious low carb cauliflower recipes? Share your thoughts in the comments section below!
Up Next: 4 Healthy BBQ Recipes